Saturday, March 30, 2013

Butterfly - Freedom





Love wounds not freedom

Wish I remained as
caterpillar, because at
times beauty is bane!

εїз

What are my wings for
when my freedom is broken?
Trapped butterfly sobs

εїз

Lock beauty with eyes,
hurt not by grasping with hands;
Love wounds not freedom


A cage is still a cage, even if it is made of gold - Unknown


Haiku Heights

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



i comments ツ

35 Comments ♥ ツ

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my space :) Please do not spam!

Amrit Sinha said...

The 2nd one is my favorite ... pain and loss illustrated poignantly !!!

Rajnish said...

It relates very well to the present condition of women in India

Namrata said...

Perfect! I can somehow relate it to myself...I have a very atrocious experience of abusive relationship where I was mentally tortured for months, my freedom, space was snitched away..thankfully I m out.BTW love ur potrayal. :) <3

Anonymous said...

Lovely writing

Panchali said...

I could almost hear the cry of the butterfly's struggle, Valli....sensitive, elegant and beautiful set:)

Nilanjana Bose said...

cool visual, poignant verse...nicely done :)

Chapters From My Life said...

That is so touching poem to read.. So true how many a time beauty becomes a bane.

asteria's canvass said...

haiku thy master is valli....:)

Jyoti Mishra said...

trapped freedom..
beautifully expressed !!

Ashish said...

Awesome as ever, Valli.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful poem.

Locomente said...

Such strong feelings conveyed there...
Loving it is!
Way to go...

Vishal Rathod said...

Nice one Valli.

Travel India

Shivani Singh said...

What a touching portrayal of feeling!. i loved it all. From the choice of the picture to the creativity in ur composition...the font of the words...everything. Wow!

subhorup dasgupta said...

Not qualified to comment on Haiku, but these three are really touching pieces. Great read.

Aunt Mary said...

poor butterfly , she has to be free, SO BEAUTIFUL POST ;)

Rahul Bhatia said...

Lock beauty with eyes... lovely words, Valli:)

Siny U K Nair said...

The final statement "A cage is still a cage even if it is made of gold" .. This line supports ur writing so much!

Good one :)

Sankara Jayanth S said...

wonderful.. the woe of pseudo freedom.! lovely!

indu chhibber said...

The first one caught my fancy.

Gracy Dsouza said...

Poignant but speaks of reality. There are poeple out there who are or feel trapped in many ways.

lipsy said...

Such a sensitive and thought provoking post !

Fashion Trend: Customized Neon Leather Satchel

Uppal said...

Emotional take on women's plight.

Paola Lauretano said...

Very nice poem!!!!
Wanna follow each other?

Surbhi Bafna said...

Thumbs up. :)
Silly Smiles... Take you Miles :)

Saumi said...

Your thoughts are beautiful. :)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Many of us could probably ask what our wings are for...

Butterfly

Anonymous said...

Firstly, I love the blog theme.. its all cutesy and sparkly hahah...

Now the haiku you have created are painful but true..
http://unshakenthoughts.com/2013/04/02/to-catch-a-butterfly/

Reading Pleasure said...

Excellent set. Very well crafted

Anonymous said...

I like the way you give human thoughts to the butterfly. Vivid.

Fatima said...

Brilliant. All three of them. Also the quote at the end is so true.

Take Care

Eliz Frank said...

Wonderful haiku... I love the way you conveyed the ideas and imagery.
Eliz

Sri Valli said...

Thanks for the read Everyone :)

Indrani said...

Read and re-read... how true!
Great lines Valli, keep writing.

 

Poetry - Reflection of my feelings ♥ ツ . Design By: SkinCorner Sri Valli