Monday, April 02, 2012

First rain drops






(Image taken from here)

Dry, parched and deserted
land eagerly waits to absorb
the first rain drops!


Written for Haiku Heights



i comments ツ

8 Comments ♥ ツ

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my space :) Please do not spam!

Kalyan said...

It may be for haiku ... but sure the clouds will listen n shower to raise up the green again...

Kinara :) said...

I got that wonderful feeling of first rain drops!
Lovely!:)

P.S: What format did u use? I was just confused bcoz the first line had 6 syllables instead of 5..! I am not sure, just sharing my views!

Sri Valli said...

Kalyan..Thanks for the read :)

Izdiher...Thanks for the read :)

Kinara...Thanks for the read :)

I don't know...I too got that doubt...When I checked thefreedictionary.com It showed that 'parched' has single syllable...am not sure about it!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parched

Samantha said...

Hi! New follower loving your blog! Hope you will join me too x

http://www.samantha-lorraine-designs.blogspot.com

zongrik said...

if i lived there, i'd be waiting for the first rainfall too

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Sometimes I feel as parched and deserted as that land!

Deserted Branches

Chevrefeuille said...

Really ... Valli this one is beautiful.

⁂ܓVållῐ ⁂ܓ☺ said...

Thanks for the read Samantha,zongrik and Chev :)

 

Poetry - Reflection of my feelings ♥ ツ . Design By: SkinCorner Sri Valli